July 8, 2013

Greetings From A Corn Field



While visiting our family farm this past June, I began to wonder whether it might be wisest for me to focus more of my attention on growing my Zazzle shop during this season in our family life. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE Etsy! (I really do!)... and I plan to continue to list my art there as much as I'm able to. But my husband & I are finding we need to be at the farm more often these days. It's not as easy keeping in touch with buyers when I'm out in the middle of a corn field, away from the internet!... and mailing art while I'm on the road has proven to be a pretty big challenge too!

Now, admittedly, I am not the best at making changes. But, with all the back-and-forth we've been doing between our home in North Carolina & the family farm in Virginia, I finally decided that moving to "Plan B" just might be the best option for me right now.

And so, I've started to design t-shirts for infants, toddlers & elementary-aged kids. It's really been lots of fun!... something I've always wanted to do, in fact. Maybe I just needed a gentle nudge from the Lord to move out in a brand new arty direction. The t-shirts join my growing selection of prints, cards & stamps that I offer in my Zazzle shop, PholkartStudio.



I'd sure LOVE to have your help in brainstorming new design ideas for baby & kids' tees! My sons are all grown up now, so it feels like a lifetime ago since I needed to be "in tune" with what little guys like to wear! Leave me a comment!... I'd love to hear from you!! :)

2 comments:

Kelley Pounds said...

I don't know about ideas for little guys, but since my granddaughter will be one year old tomorrow, I've certainly felt the urge to create more art for children, especially little girls, myself. I did create a onesie with some of my art--a very colorful dragonfly--for her when she was born. Of course she's since outgrown it, so Grandma needs to get busy again! LOL

Patti Moore said...

Hey Kelley! :)

It's so wonderful that you are able to give such personal art gifts to your granddaughter!... I know they'll be family treasures!

I have to admit, I am challenged to think "little girl" when I'm drawing since my house was always filled with active little boys! ;)