January 6, 2013

Celebrating Life's Simple Blessings

"Bedtime Story"
'Twas the first week of a brand New Year... As always a great time to make a fresh start & explore new directions! Or, maybe in my case, a chance to go back to old loves & pick up where I left off...

Long ago on another cold January day, I started my very first blog, Simple*Blessings. It became my place to write little stories about the everyday things of our family's life & to draw colorful pictures that illustrated my stories. A blog just for me! (& anyone else who happened to stop by.) A blog "just because"...  A blog that was fun & creative & made me happy!   :)

Well, somewhere along the way, I put my silly illustrated blog aside & moved on to other artful things. But recently I realized how much I missed it!... just noticing ordinary everyday things, telling silly stories, & doodling some pictures to make them pretty.

So, here I am again... Blogging "just because it's fun." Trying to look for the beauty in the ordinary. Playing with markers & colored pencils like a kid again. Happy to be...

Celebrating Life's Simple Blessings!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That sounds wonderful, Patti! Blogging should always be fun and make us happy! I wish you all the best as you continue to celebrate life's simple blessings!...Nancy :o)

Patti Moore said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement, Nancy!... It really has been a joy for me just to write & doodle here for my own amusement! :)

Happy Creating to YOU!!