May 17, 2021

Big Changes And Finding Inspiration

"Tiny Mermaid"

Life has been happening around our house as my husband Joe and I get ready for his retirement in August. I almost can’t believe it’s actually happening... but it IS!! We’re both looking forward to living according to our own timetable and seeing what each new day brings!

After hunting and searching for a one story house that might "fit" our next stage in life, we finally decided that nothing quite felt like home to us after all. And so we decided to do some major renovations on "This Old House" where we've lived for 34 years now. Much more on that later as we work through the process of making changes around here!

With so much on my mind, I’ve found it hard to find inspiration for new paintings lately. I’ve been sketching quite a bit, but nothing has seemed quite right to actually transfer to a canvas and paint. So I decided to paint one of my tiniest canvases with this cute mermaid.  It felt important to keep creating... and she was not very intimidating to paint. Just a little project to get my creative juices flowing again!

What do YOU do when you find yourself without inspiration???... What are your tips for getting back to creating again? I'd LOVE to know your secrets!!

Until next time... HAPPY CREATING!!

 

No comments: