November 14, 2013

Counting My Blessings

"Cozy Winter Home"

We had an unexpected early taste of Winter here in North Carolina, as the temps dipped down in the twenties overnight... No snow yet, but it sure has been cold enough for snow! First dog walk of the season, I bundled up in my scarf & hat & my winter coat, with a scarf I'd knit wrapped almost up to my nose.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

"Boy, I'm not ready for Wintertime yet!... I really don't like being cold!... Wasn't Halloween just a few days ago???" that little voice in my head begins to whine & complain...

And then I remember (something I'm prone to forget if I'm not very careful)...  

This is a very good day to count my blessings!

So, today I'm thankful for...

  • A warm house on a chilly day
  • A hot cup of Chai tea in my favorite mug
  • The space heater that's warming my toes-ies
  • The fleece blanket my sons gave me for Christmas... I'm cozier because of their love for me
  • A sunny 'Carolina Blue' sky with not a cloud in sight 
  • The sound of my dog snoozing right next to me while I type
  • A brand new book I can hardly wait to read
  • ... And a wide-open day to enjoy being creative!  :) 

Lord, I have so very much to be thankful for!... Please teach me to notice and count the big & small blessings in my everyday life... good gifts you have given to me!

No comments: